So a few nights ago I finally ordered my first pair of weightlifting shoes!!!! I am so beyond excited. For the past few weeks I’ve been spending my nights reading reviews and looking at pictures of the couple pairs I’ve been considering, and it’s been causing me to lose a significant amount of sleep. Ha. It sounds totally ridiculous, but it’s true! I didn’t want a purely powerlifting shoe; I was looking for something that I could also do WODs with heavy lifting in, so something with mild mid-foot flexibility, while still having the raised, sturdy heel and good support on the outer edge of my foot. I landed on the new inov8 FastLift 315s. And the colors of them are excellent. They should get here Tuesday, and I am so excited to play with them!!! If I dislike them, I’ll move to the red AdiPower by Adidas, but I’m hoping that these will continue my love affair with inov8s!
Also, today at noon I went to a free class with a couple friends who are interested in starting crossfit at some point. I really hope they end up joining, as it would be nice to have more friends! I have so many people who tell me they’re interested in trying it or want to start, but no one follows through. I wish I knew more people who were interested in this kind of lifestyle. Anyway! It was a good quick burner, especially after yesterday’s WOD. My shoulders and legs are still completely dead!
WOD for Reps: 310
3 Rounds of:
- 1 Minute American Kettlebell Swings, 35lbs.
- 1 Minute Ring Rows
- 1 Minute Sit-Ups
- 1 Minute Burpees
- 1 Minute Rest
103-103-104. Sore. Sore sore sore. I am considering going to a pole dancing class this afternoon…but….I’ll have to see how I’m feeling after stretching a little more!
Today was a good Crossfit day. I tried some new (since injury) things, and they all felt really really good. In the warm-up, I was actually able to do hang squat cleans with the trainer barbell (12lbs) and alllllmost have it sit in the right spot in my front rack position. Progress!
- Deadlift 5-5-5-5: 100-100-100-100. This was really just an exercise in “can I deadlift again yet” trial and error. Turns out it felt freaking amazing to get some pulling tension on my arm. I went 35-65-85-90-95 in sets of 5, and then stuck at 100 for 4 sets. I didn’t want to push it too hard my first time doing them again, but they felt easy, and really good, and I’m really glad that I tried them today! The programmed strength with clean and jerk, but I’m certainly not at that point yet!
WOD for Time: 6:10
4 Rounds of:
- 10 Hang Dumbbell Squat Cleans: 10s.
- 10 Pull-ups (Subbed Ring Rows): BW.
I actually did 5 rounds, because I had to use such a light weight and I felt like I just flew through it. I really wanted to use both arms, and not do this single armed, which meant going really light to be careful on the elbow. I grabbed 15s at first, but stabilizing the squat clean at the bottom felt like it was tweaking weird, so I had to back down. The ring rows were okay. I can’t wait to be able to do pull-ups again. I just feel so cheated not doing them!! I was surprised to feel that going from the top of the ring row to extended arms is actually what felt not so great on my elbow. But I just adjusted my heel placement so I was able to assist that side a little and they were fine from there.
- 30 GHD Sit-Ups. I am going to try to keep knocking out GHDs after every workout. They feel so good all over, and they’re fun and quick and effective. Yay GHDs!