I had meetings in the morning before class so I couldn’t go to my normal 9:30am class. Yesterday made me realize just how much I neeeeeeed to go in the mornings on Fridays, because I really struggled to get in there for the 4:30. But I did it!
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 2 Thrusters: 70lbs. Really happy with this. I pushed myself pretty hard with these, and I’m stoked I hit all 10 rounds. I had it set up so I could strip down to 65 if I needed to, but I stuck it out!
- 5 Toes-to-Bar: Pretty much zero stringing together of these. The first 5 rounds I stayed on the bar and just adjusted my grip/swing between each one, but after that my sets deteriorated pretty quickly. I just didn’t have the coordination necessary ha.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 4+2.5
7 Minute AMRAP of:
- 3 Renegade Row Man-Makers: 20lb DBs, Level II. WORST.
- 10 Dumbbell Step-Ups: 20″, Rx.
- RRMM starts standing with DBs at sides. Go down to a plank, push-up, row right, push-up, row left, bring your feet up to your hands, squat clean thruster.
As much as I haaaaate RRMMs, this WOD was really great. Quick and dirty. Last time we did RRMMs back in June, I used 15s, could barely do the rows, and did the pushups from my knees. These were all full push-ups (a little snakey though, if I’m bein’ honest) and at 20lbs! I had 15s sitting in front of me in case I had to drop, but I didn’t! Another instance of sticking it through to the end. I was very surprised how taxing/challenging the step-ups were!! My quads were definitely on fire at the end. Also, one of the phenomenal beast women at the box I was working out next to told me she was glad we were next to each other because it made her keep up her pace. Ultimate blushing! Talk about an ego boost, because I was trying to keep up with her the whole time! I wanted that last RRMM rep so bad, but I couldn’t get to the top of the thruster before time ran out. Wompwomp!
It’s the weekend! Yeah! Did homework all morning, literally, from the moment I woke up until about 3pm, and then headed to crossfit. Was feeling smug, thinking this workout wasn’t going to be bad, and that 15lb dumbbells would be too light. Ha! Negative.
Every 2 Minutes on the 2 Minutes for 10 Minutes of:
- 2 Front Squat: 70lbs.
- 5 Strict Pull ups: assisted, averaged 4 strict & 1 kipping per round. Haven’t done these in a while.
I maybe should have gone for 75 or 80 on the squats. I power cleaned the first of each round, and did two consecutive front squats, and I wasn’t really having too difficult of a time, even in the last round. But it felt nice to do real front squats again, instead of the cross-armed ones I was doing a week or so ago! I was definitely getting gassed from the pull-ups more. They were putting a weird strain on my elbow, and just didn’t feel super great.
WOD for Time: 10:47(?)
5 Rounds of:
- 5 Renegade Row Man-Makers: 15lbs, Level II.
- 10 Box Jumps: 20″, Level II.
- RRMM starts standing with DBs at sides. Go down to a plank, row right, push-up, row left, bring your feet up to your hands, squat clean thruster. Have fun!
That “Have fun!” is directly from the post online. Very funny. My brain could NOT wrap around the RRMM in the first couple reps of the first two rounds. I was doing push-up, row, row; row, row, push-up; push-up, row, push-up, row; it was just a complete mess. I’m also 99.999% sure I did 6 of them on rounds 3 and 4. My brain was just not there today. For rounds 3-5 I had to do the push-ups from my knees, because of pressure in my elbow. Irritating, but eh. Did a lotttt of mobility today when I got home. Everything has tightened up over the last week, and I really need to spend more time making sure I keep that from happening! Maybe it’s time to buy “Becoming a Supple Leopard.” Oh, and I really love these socks. Have a great weekend, y’all!