Holy crow, it’s already the end of August. Where has this year gone?!?! I don’t even understand it!!!! I’m away for the weekend with my family and Tyler, and probably won’t get to workout over the weekend or Monday, which is a bummer, but oh well. I’ll make up for it at some point next week!
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 1 Power Clean/1 Hang Squat Clean/1 Front Squat Complex: 65lbs. Love these complexes!!!!
- 1 Strict Pull-up Negative. This was interesting. They either wanted 1 strict muscle-up, 1-3 unassisted strict pull-ups, or 1-3 strict negative. I really enjoyed this, and I think I’m going to start working on these at home on Tyler’s pull-up bar!
I feel like I could have gone maybe 5lbs heavier on the complex, but Erika said it should be about 65-70% of our 1RM squat clean weight, and the heaviest I’ve ever squat cleaned is 85lbs (I think? Maybe 90..) so I was a little worried about going heavier with that volume. But I warmed up quickly and easily completed each complex.
WOD for Time: 9:05
- Deadlifts: 115lbs, Level II-
- Hand-Release Push-Ups: knees (15-12-9), Level I. Wompwomp.
- Dumbbell Hand Squat Cleans: 2x 20lbs, Level II.
I loved this!! 2 Fridays ago we did 3 rounds that had 12 deadlifts in it, and I did 110lbs and they felt heaaavvvyyyy. Today they felt completely fine at 115!! I even felt like I probably could have done 120. The hand release pushups were almost..easy? I probably should have either attempted them in full plank at 15-12-9, or done 21-15-9 from my knees. Man, feeling progress is still so great. I’m so happy!
Have a great long weekend, everyone!