Holy smokes!!! What a WOD! I love these chipper WODs, where once you do the whole set of reps for one movement, you’re finished with it. I also really liked the idea of increasing weights throughout the WOD. This was just all around really cool. I greatly enjoyed it.
- Clean and Jerk 2-2-2-2: 95-95-95-95(-95 bonus!). These felt pretty damn great. The cleans were surprisingly easy, which is usually what I feel the most limited by. I am feeling pretty confident with my c&js lately.
WOD for Time: 14:56
- 30 Overhead Lunges: 35lbs, Rx.
- 20 Pull-ups: Level II.
- 10 Squat Snatches: 35lbs, Level I-ish (Level II weight was 55lbs..that just wasn’t happening.)
- Run 600m: Rx.
- 10 Jerks: 75lbs, Level II.
- 20 Hang Power Cleans: 75lbs, Level II.
- 30 Wallballs: 8lbs to 10′, Level II.
Alllllllmost true Level II. If the snatches had been power snatches, I could have easily done 55lbs. But I’m just not in practice enough to do the technical element of the squat snatch. It’s crazy though. I really could feel my strength on this WOD. Things I thought were going to suck (ahem, lunges, jerks) weren’t bad at all. I also got a set of 7 pullups in, which is maybe a PR? I’m not sure. Anyway, I felt strong and awesome and fast during this WOD (minus the running) and yeah. I love today’s box day.