I need to remember my camera again!!! I was so good about it for a while and then I forgot once and it totally threw off my routine. I’m actually really exciting going into this week. While it was nice to stick to the schedule of doing the Open WOD every Friday, I’m looking forward to the freedom of doing Mon, Wed, & Thurs if I want, or even Friday added in too. One of my good friends just finished foundations at my box, so it’s really great to have a good friend there, even though I’ve been reaching out and making more friends there recently. Also, after the last two weeks of eating fairly crappy, I’m back on clean eating. While crappy for me is still better than most of the population, I still definitely could feel a difference.
- Back Squat 5-5-5-5: 115-115-115-115. Last week I said I was going to go up this week, but this week they specified that we were only to spend 90 seconds between each set. So with that, I decided to stick at 115, especially since I’m still SO SORE from 14.5 on Friday!
WOD for Time:
- 20 Handstand Push-Ups: 3:56. Rx was 50, but there was just no way that was going to happen!
- Rest as needed.
- Row 2000m: 8:57.5, Rx. Surprisingly, this actually wasn’t that bad! And I hate rowing! I pushed pretty hard for the first 500m, focused on just maintaining about 2:17/500m for the center 1000m, and then really hauled ass on the last 500m. My right ankle was bothering me and cramping up really badly, but I pushed through it and just foam rolled a ton at the end.
Rare Tuesday morning showing for me today. The snow foiled my Monday workout plans, as the only class they held was the 430pm class and the roads were a mess by then. I decided this week I’d hit Tues/Weds/Fri as my 3x. Today was a weird CrossFit day…one completely void of barbell usage (minus the warmup). I don’t really like those days. But it was nice to see some old familiar faces of the noon class, and to get a few “dude where have you been?! We miss you here!” I like the noon regulars. They’re a good group of people.
10 Rounds of:
- 20 Seconds Handstand Push-Ups: 22 total, to 2 abmats.
- 20 Seconds Alternating Pistols: 50 total, assisted.
- 20 Seconds Rest
Brutal. Totally effing brutal. I am really really stoked with how I did on the HSPUs though. For rounds 1-4 I did 4 unbroken HSPUs to 2 abmats/round (one abmat HSPUs, I’m coming for you!!!), completely lost all coordination and strength for rounds 5-7 so I ended up doing 3 negatives/round for those rounds, and in 8-10 I got it back and managed 2 unbroken HSPUs/round. So that was 22 HSPUs to 2 abmats. I think that’s a PR? Either way, I don’t think I’ve ever strung together 4 unbroken, and especially not 4 rounds in a row. And 5 assisted pistols/round, and extremely uncoordinated. Today was an off day. But I’m very happy with my HSPUs!!!!!
WOD for Time: 8:57
3 Rounds of:
- 30 Wallballs: 14lbs to 9ft, Level II-.
- 10 Assisted Ring Dips: Level I, like a bawse. Godamn ring dips. You bastards.
Dude, 14lb wallballs are heavy. It’s been a long time since I did anything with the 14lb wallball (before my accident maybe? Over a year ago?) and man did it show. In the beginning I was thinking to myself “yeah, I’ll try to do the first 15 reps of each round to the 10ft target, and then I can drop down.” Lol or I could just not get the damn wallball up to that 10ft target no matter how hard I tried. My knees and hips felt really tight, and my shoulders were smoked from the HSPUs. It just wasn’t happening. I abandoned that 10ft target early on in the first round. It’s going to be a bitch when the inevitable 14lb wallballs come up in the Open programming. Speaking of, the Open really gives me something to look forward to every week!! I’m already dying for it to be Thursday for the 14.2 WOD announcement!!! I predict burpees and wallballs for this week. Also, ring dips are the worst.
VACATION TIME!!!!! I love Thanksgiving and my family and the holidays!
E2MOT2M for 10 Minutes of:
- 2 Front Squats: 80lbs. Oh my quads why did this feel SO IMPOSSIBLY HEAVY today.
- 4 HSPU: to 2 abmats. STOKED. This is the most volume I’ve ever managed consistently. Only failed a single rep on a random middle round. Next time I’m going to try going to a single mat!!!
WOD for Time: 9:47
3 Rounds of:
- 50 Squats: Rx. Oof! It’s been a long time since we tackled 150 air squats in a WOD. Total burner.
- 7 Strict Pull-Ups: assisted, Level I.
- 10 Hang Power Cleans: 75lbs, Level II. Cycled each round. Should have gone heavier.
I really liked this!! Rx’d is 7 muscle ups. Ha! I was struggling with the pull-ups today. If they were kipping I would have killed it, but man, the strict business took it out of me. My goal was sub-10 min, so I was happy to fall in there. Steady/slow-ish on the squats, because I didn’t want to burn out after the first round.
Last night I got home too late to go to crossfit, but I was determined to get my squats in this week. I did some GHDs, the strength from PCF yesterday’s programing, and the strength EMOTM from PCF today’s programing, and then called it a day. I’m extremely overloaded with school work right now (honestly I probably shouldn’t even be taking the time to write this right now) so I didn’t have the time to spend doing a full workout, since Tuesdays are normally my days to work in the lab and finish up homework.
- 50 GHDs: Waiting for a bar/squat rack to open up. So many bros doing shrugs in them. Gtfo.
- Back Squat 1-1-1: 140-145-150!!!!!!!! I SQUATTED 150lbs!!!!!!!!! First I hit 140 again, which I wasn’t really sure if I’d be able to do without being able to ditch the weight. But it felt so good last week, and I felt pretty confident today, so I went for 145. And that rep felt even better than the one at 140! And then I hit 150, to full depth with great spring out of the bottom, and just a slight struggle. I’ve really been working at keeping my hips pressing forward so I don’t fold over at the waist, and it’s allowed me to make HUGE gains. I can’t believe I’m up 25lbs from my 1RM mid-February. Can’t wait to push harder next week!!
Every 2 Minutes on the Two Minutes of:
- 2 Power Snatch: 55lbs. From the floor, worked on loading my hammies for a good snap. Elbow felt great.
- 3 Handstand Pushups: 2 ABMATS and kipping, singles. I’ve only strung two together once. Practice time!
So not only did I squat 150, which is monumental-feeling, but I got my HSPUs back!!!!!! I’m still so weak at them and I get gassed REALLY quickly, but I freaking did them!!! I had just got my first few like two weeks before the elbow explosion, so I’m very very happy to have them back again. I love the crossfit gymnastics movements.
WHO IS EXCITED FOR THE GAMES?!!? I am. I AM. I FREAKING AM. Even though Foucher, Ager, Thorisdottir, and Sakamoto, four of my favorites, aren’t competing, it’s still going to be SO GREAT. SO GREAT, I TELL YOU. Ahhhhh!