Today was so great. SO GREAT. I woke up early and had a huge great breakfast of eggs and spinach and mushrooms, had time to take care of a bunch of stuff, and then went to the noon class. It was small, which was perfect, because today I decided I was going to do unassisted pull-ups. AND I DID. AND THEY FELT GREAT. And Erika, the trainer, told me that I looked really great throughout them, and that I didn’t seem to have any weird imbalances or anything. I DID PULL-UPS AGAIN. Ahhh. SO damn happy. Not only that, but I PR’d my 3RM back squat, and then did it 3 more times.
- Back Squat 3-3-3-3: 125(PR!)-125-125-125. This is SO amazing. The last time we did Crossfit Total, THIS was my 1RM, and it was barely to full depth, if at all. And I did four full sets of 3 at it today!!! And then early on this year, we did a full cycle of squatting, and I hit a new 1RM of 135, which is INSANE, because that is only 10lbs over this. I am amazed. SO happy. Multiple reps at bodyweight. Hot damn. YES.
WOD for Time: 16:27
4 Rounds of:
- 10 Burpee Pull-Ups: Rx movement, Level II reps.
- 200m Farmers’ Carry: 25lb dumbbells, Level I.
A few weeks ago we did a farmers’ carry WOD, and the Level I was with 20s. I did that weight, and almost thought I was going to have to drop down to 15s because my elbow felt weak. I figured out a better way to carry them, and finished out the workout with the 20s. Today, I put 20s on standby, because I was worried that it would fatigue my grip and mess me up on the pull-ups. I did the WHOLE WOD with 25s, AND could still do the burpee pull-ups. I just couldn’t be happier about my performance today. I ran with the dumbbells every round, and only stopped once halfway when I had to. Man, I am just stoked. I’ve come so far and made such great progress, especially over the last three weeks. I just feel so good.
Today is the first day of my summer semester, so I’m starting to settle into a new routine, and I think it’s going to be 8 weeks of greatness. I feel good about this summer. I feel like I’m going to make some serious gains. I’m so excited. Pretty soon I’m going to have to stop tagging my posts with “Injury”!!!
I love today. The weather is amazing, I woke up feeling like I wasn’t going to die if I were to leave the bed, and ended up getting into crossfit at 930am! Also got a new tank and hoodie in the mail last night, and new workout gear is the best motivation for me. Ha! Today’s WOD was so much fun!!! I might have gone a little hard on my bad arm, but so far it’s just normal sore, not anything worse. ROM is increasing slowly and barely noticeably now, so I’m antsy and feel like I need to push it harder and harder every day! Also, so happy that my legs and glutes are starting to get more definition. Seemed to be shedding fat&gaining muscle at the same rate for a bit there (and then the opposite while I was out with my injury for the first bit) and now I think muscle is finally winning out!!!
EMOTM for 8 Minutes of:
- 1 Squat Clean/1 Front Squat (Subbed two Cross-Armed Front Squats): 70lbs. Elbow still not ready for weight in the usual front rack position, but getting close!!!!
- 3 Box Dips: Still trying to hold off on the rings, for fear of my arm swinging outwards and tweaking. Focused on getting to absolute bottom and top, with zero assist from my legs/hips. Tris are damn sore now.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 3+5+50m carry
AMRAP 15 Minutes of:
- 5 Deadlift: 105lbs, Level I.
- 200m Farmers Carry: 20lb DBs, Level I.
- 10 Burpee Box Jumps: 20″, Level II height, but did burpee step-ups because I’m still not used to really strenuous cardio again, and was worried about missing and falling on my busted arm.
- 5 15ft Rope Climbs*: Level II reps. LOVE ROPE CLIMBS.
- * You must complete 5 rope climbs during the entire workout. You can do them at any point during the 15 minutes and break them up however you like.
This WOD was SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT. I love things like this. I decided to attack the rope climbs first, and did all 5 unbroken, one after another, hardly even coming off the rope at the bottom. I LOVE them. The deadlifts were 5lbs heavier than the deadlifts I worked up to on Wednesday, and they felt equally as great. I thought I was going to have to back out of the farmer’s carry on my left arm, because the first round walking it just didn’t feel right. On the second round, I held them differently, and actually ran with them at my sides, and that caused my arm to stay active and not let any weird cross-movement happen. It also kicked my ass, which was great. And the burpee step-ups were eh. I really wanted to do the burpee box-jumps, but like I said, I’m still being a little cautious, even though it doesn’t sound like it since I did 5 15′ rope climbs! I know my weaknesses, and I know that when I get really tired I don’t get my feet up high enough on the box jumps sometimes. This definitely could have been a WOD with tumble-potential for me.
Going hiking with Tyler for the rest of the day, in celebration (and jealousy!) of him completing his senior thesis! So proud of him!!