I had meetings in the morning before class so I couldn’t go to my normal 9:30am class. Yesterday made me realize just how much I neeeeeeed to go in the mornings on Fridays, because I really struggled to get in there for the 4:30. But I did it!
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 2 Thrusters: 70lbs. Really happy with this. I pushed myself pretty hard with these, and I’m stoked I hit all 10 rounds. I had it set up so I could strip down to 65 if I needed to, but I stuck it out!
- 5 Toes-to-Bar: Pretty much zero stringing together of these. The first 5 rounds I stayed on the bar and just adjusted my grip/swing between each one, but after that my sets deteriorated pretty quickly. I just didn’t have the coordination necessary ha.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 4+2.5
7 Minute AMRAP of:
- 3 Renegade Row Man-Makers: 20lb DBs, Level II. WORST.
- 10 Dumbbell Step-Ups: 20″, Rx.
- RRMM starts standing with DBs at sides. Go down to a plank, push-up, row right, push-up, row left, bring your feet up to your hands, squat clean thruster.
As much as I haaaaate RRMMs, this WOD was really great. Quick and dirty. Last time we did RRMMs back in June, I used 15s, could barely do the rows, and did the pushups from my knees. These were all full push-ups (a little snakey though, if I’m bein’ honest) and at 20lbs! I had 15s sitting in front of me in case I had to drop, but I didn’t! Another instance of sticking it through to the end. I was very surprised how taxing/challenging the step-ups were!! My quads were definitely on fire at the end. Also, one of the phenomenal beast women at the box I was working out next to told me she was glad we were next to each other because it made her keep up her pace. Ultimate blushing! Talk about an ego boost, because I was trying to keep up with her the whole time! I wanted that last RRMM rep so bad, but I couldn’t get to the top of the thruster before time ran out. Wompwomp!