Wednesday already! How is that even possible?! Gosh I hope the next month goes by as quickly as this one is! So close to graduating. Ughghghg. So close, yet so so far. Taking it one day at a time. I can’t wait to get back to the beach!
- Deadlift 3-3-3-3: 165-165-165-165. I know, I know. Last week at Carteret I did 5-5-5 at 165. But THEN FRIDAY I did a million more heavy deadlifts in 14.3, and then this today?! I don’t think I’ve deadlifted this frequently EVER. I’m still (stilllllll) noodley from all of that nonsense, so I decided to match my weight from last week. They felt heavy as all get-out, and I was struggling by the last set. But I’m glad I’m at least consistently pulling decent weight!
WOD for Time: 8:36
- DB Squat Clean: 20lb dumbbells, Level II.
- Pull-ups: 15-12-9 reps, Level II.
Quick little burner. My legs feel like jello! And pull-ups again after Monday’s large sets?! Come awwwwn. I don’t have much to say today. This week is insane. 14.4 announcement tomorrow!!!! Maybe wallballs and burpees this week? Bleh! They have to show up at some point!
A week from tomorrow is Halloween! How is that even possible?!?! I need to figure out a costume…and moreso than that…something to actually do. Ugh. Planning is hard. Sleeping is also hard, because my dog is the worst. One of these days I’m going to fall asleep right when I lay down, and actually sleep through the night, and get up feeling great, and not want to kick my dog in the head for keeping me up all night/waking me up multiple times throughout the night. And that day will be a wonderful, amazing, glorious day. Anyway, I’m going to make some butternut squash soup and a sweet potato for dinner, knock out some homework, and take a bath. Today needs to be over!
- Clean and Jerk 1-1-1-1-1: 105-105-105(f on jerk)-105-95. I am being hard on myself about this. I should be freaking dancing like mad for hitting 105×3, when I could only get it once two weeks ago. But my brain is dumb and is making me feel bad about not getting 5 full singles at 105. Which is almost an unreasonable request, and I know this. Eh. Oh well. Next time.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 6+8
15 Minute AMRAP of:
- 7 Ring Dips: assisted, Level I. Mehhh.
- 7 Dumbbell Squat Cleans: 25lbs, Level II. Perfect weight.
- Run 200m: Rx. Sooooo sloooowwwww.
I don’t know why this was so particularly awful. I guess it was how frequent the running was? But on the 3 or 4 round-ers with 400m runs I feel like I can move way faster than I was moving today. Holy crap. My lungs were working way overtime, and my legs were jelly from the squat cleans. Ring dips weren’t too bad, but I can still feel it in my shoulders and triceps already. And then at the end I tasted copper and felt like I was going to pass out. Very weird day. I don’t usually ever feel like that at the end, but I didn’t sleep well last night and didn’t have enough food today, so I’m assuming that combination screwed me. I guess going by that it’s pretty amazing I hit 105 on even a few c&js.
Holy crow, it’s already the end of August. Where has this year gone?!?! I don’t even understand it!!!! I’m away for the weekend with my family and Tyler, and probably won’t get to workout over the weekend or Monday, which is a bummer, but oh well. I’ll make up for it at some point next week!
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 1 Power Clean/1 Hang Squat Clean/1 Front Squat Complex: 65lbs. Love these complexes!!!!
- 1 Strict Pull-up Negative. This was interesting. They either wanted 1 strict muscle-up, 1-3 unassisted strict pull-ups, or 1-3 strict negative. I really enjoyed this, and I think I’m going to start working on these at home on Tyler’s pull-up bar!
I feel like I could have gone maybe 5lbs heavier on the complex, but Erika said it should be about 65-70% of our 1RM squat clean weight, and the heaviest I’ve ever squat cleaned is 85lbs (I think? Maybe 90..) so I was a little worried about going heavier with that volume. But I warmed up quickly and easily completed each complex.
WOD for Time: 9:05
- Deadlifts: 115lbs, Level II-
- Hand-Release Push-Ups: knees (15-12-9), Level I. Wompwomp.
- Dumbbell Hand Squat Cleans: 2x 20lbs, Level II.
I loved this!! 2 Fridays ago we did 3 rounds that had 12 deadlifts in it, and I did 110lbs and they felt heaaavvvyyyy. Today they felt completely fine at 115!! I even felt like I probably could have done 120. The hand release pushups were almost..easy? I probably should have either attempted them in full plank at 15-12-9, or done 21-15-9 from my knees. Man, feeling progress is still so great. I’m so happy!
Have a great long weekend, everyone!
Okay, finally caught back up with posts after vacation! I forgot that Crossfit Carteret doesn’t do evening WODs on Friday, and they were closed on Sat&Sun that week, so we only ended up getting one WOD in while there. Got home late Monday and went to the 730pm WOD, which was crazy and late, but I PR’d the shit out of my back squat. Today was pretty great too! Here are tow instagrams I posted from the beach. Favorite place on earth!
- Clean and Jerk 2-2-2-2-2: 80-80-80-80-80. That is a 2RM PR! I did my sets of singles at 80 last week, so I feel pretty good about doing sets of 2 at 80 this week. I had a few sketchy reps, but for the most part I have a pretty good system down for getting my left arm in the right position for the jerk.
WOD for Time: 11:55
- Pull-ups: 15-12-9 reps, Level II unassisted.
- DB Squat Cleans: 20lbs x2, Level I.
- Box Jumps: 20″, Level II.
This KILLLLLLED. Everyone was wrecked after this one. I had the Level II DBs out (25lbs) but I grabbed them for the first rep and that just wasn’t going to happen. Good thing I had pulled out the 20s just in case. My quads and traps are pretty sore from Monday, so I planned ahead. The pull-ups felt amazing though, and I got a couple sets of 5 unbroken reps in, which is so rad. I felt reasonably strong the entire time, but the DB squat cleans destroyed me. I’m already sore, so tomorrow will probably not feel too great.
Today was a good Crossfit day. I tried some new (since injury) things, and they all felt really really good. In the warm-up, I was actually able to do hang squat cleans with the trainer barbell (12lbs) and alllllmost have it sit in the right spot in my front rack position. Progress!
- Deadlift 5-5-5-5: 100-100-100-100. This was really just an exercise in “can I deadlift again yet” trial and error. Turns out it felt freaking amazing to get some pulling tension on my arm. I went 35-65-85-90-95 in sets of 5, and then stuck at 100 for 4 sets. I didn’t want to push it too hard my first time doing them again, but they felt easy, and really good, and I’m really glad that I tried them today! The programmed strength with clean and jerk, but I’m certainly not at that point yet!
WOD for Time: 6:10
4 Rounds of:
- 10 Hang Dumbbell Squat Cleans: 10s.
- 10 Pull-ups (Subbed Ring Rows): BW.
I actually did 5 rounds, because I had to use such a light weight and I felt like I just flew through it. I really wanted to use both arms, and not do this single armed, which meant going really light to be careful on the elbow. I grabbed 15s at first, but stabilizing the squat clean at the bottom felt like it was tweaking weird, so I had to back down. The ring rows were okay. I can’t wait to be able to do pull-ups again. I just feel so cheated not doing them!! I was surprised to feel that going from the top of the ring row to extended arms is actually what felt not so great on my elbow. But I just adjusted my heel placement so I was able to assist that side a little and they were fine from there.
- 30 GHD Sit-Ups. I am going to try to keep knocking out GHDs after every workout. They feel so good all over, and they’re fun and quick and effective. Yay GHDs!