Ugh. Caught a cold due to the crazy changes in weather. Still feeling kind of crappy, so I am going to keep this short and sweet.
- Back Squat 5-5-5-5: 115-115-115-115. Easy! I think the most I’ve ever done was 5-5-5 at 115, so this is a PR I guess? And they were surprisingly easy. Definitely going to go up to 125 next week. Especially since I have a cold and am generally feeling like crap today! Woopwoop!
WOD for Time: 8:36
5 Rounds of:
- 6 1 Arm DB Snatch: 35lbs, Level II.
- 5 Box Jumps: 24″, Level II.
- 6 1 Arm DB Hang Squat Clean: 35lbs, Level II.
First time doing 24″ box jumps in a WOD, I think!! Holy crap, they were super high, but definitely do-able. I enjoyed this a lot! The hang squat cleans were so awkward, and I definitely struggled with the left arm. But overall, a pretty great workout.
Whoops, forgot to post this Friday! I’ve been swamped with work this week, and woke up sick as a dog on Tuesday morning, so I didn’t end up going to crossfit on Wednesday. But holy hell, did today ever make up for that. I’m going to be feeling this all weekend.
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 1 Power Clean/1 Hang Squat Clean/1 Front Squat: 75lbs. Man, this felt super heavy today.
- 2 Handstand Push-ups: to 2 abmats. 2 for the first 6 rounds, 1 for rounds 7-10.
WOD for Time: 13:23. DFL.
5 Rounds of:
- 7 Shoulder-to-Overhead: 65, Level II-. Started at 75 which was Level II, and I had to pull off the 5s from each side after the first two rounds. My shoulders were smoked.
- 7 Bastards: Rx. Aka lateral over-the-bar burpees. These were the easiest part.
- 7 Dumbbell Hang Squat Cleans: 25lbs, Level II. I’m so proud of myself for sticking it out with these. They were AWFUL.
This was soul crushing. I underestimated how dead my shoulders would be after the HSPUs, and definitely went too heavy on the s2o. There weren’t any 20lb dumbbells to grab so I went for 25, and honestly, I thought my legs and wrists were going to fall off. It was the worst. I finished last in the class for the FIRST TIME EVER and was in tears when I collapsed to the ground at the end.