I love today. The weather is amazing, I woke up feeling like I wasn’t going to die if I were to leave the bed, and ended up getting into crossfit at 930am! Also got a new tank and hoodie in the mail last night, and new workout gear is the best motivation for me. Ha! Today’s WOD was so much fun!!! I might have gone a little hard on my bad arm, but so far it’s just normal sore, not anything worse. ROM is increasing slowly and barely noticeably now, so I’m antsy and feel like I need to push it harder and harder every day! Also, so happy that my legs and glutes are starting to get more definition. Seemed to be shedding fat&gaining muscle at the same rate for a bit there (and then the opposite while I was out with my injury for the first bit) and now I think muscle is finally winning out!!!
EMOTM for 8 Minutes of:
- 1 Squat Clean/1 Front Squat (Subbed two Cross-Armed Front Squats): 70lbs. Elbow still not ready for weight in the usual front rack position, but getting close!!!!
- 3 Box Dips: Still trying to hold off on the rings, for fear of my arm swinging outwards and tweaking. Focused on getting to absolute bottom and top, with zero assist from my legs/hips. Tris are damn sore now.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 3+5+50m carry
AMRAP 15 Minutes of:
- 5 Deadlift: 105lbs, Level I.
- 200m Farmers Carry: 20lb DBs, Level I.
- 10 Burpee Box Jumps: 20″, Level II height, but did burpee step-ups because I’m still not used to really strenuous cardio again, and was worried about missing and falling on my busted arm.
- 5 15ft Rope Climbs*: Level II reps. LOVE ROPE CLIMBS.
- * You must complete 5 rope climbs during the entire workout. You can do them at any point during the 15 minutes and break them up however you like.
This WOD was SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT. I love things like this. I decided to attack the rope climbs first, and did all 5 unbroken, one after another, hardly even coming off the rope at the bottom. I LOVE them. The deadlifts were 5lbs heavier than the deadlifts I worked up to on Wednesday, and they felt equally as great. I thought I was going to have to back out of the farmer’s carry on my left arm, because the first round walking it just didn’t feel right. On the second round, I held them differently, and actually ran with them at my sides, and that caused my arm to stay active and not let any weird cross-movement happen. It also kicked my ass, which was great. And the burpee step-ups were eh. I really wanted to do the burpee box-jumps, but like I said, I’m still being a little cautious, even though it doesn’t sound like it since I did 5 15′ rope climbs! I know my weaknesses, and I know that when I get really tired I don’t get my feet up high enough on the box jumps sometimes. This definitely could have been a WOD with tumble-potential for me.
Going hiking with Tyler for the rest of the day, in celebration (and jealousy!) of him completing his senior thesis! So proud of him!!