Today ended up being so busy that I didn’t have time to eat before crossfit. It was..rough. But I not only got through it–I killllled it! Today was “1/2 Cindy,” with the full “Cindy” being a 20 minute AMRAP. I’ve only ever done both 1/2 and full Cindy way back when I was first starting, and I did the pull-ups with heavy assistance, and the push-ups on my knees. I crushed my previous scores today, and did it as prescribed!! So happy. I’m getting better about remembering to at least video my strength sets, but I need to start uploading the actual full videos, instead of taking clips from instagram haha. Baby steps! Also, the video cut off the lunges, which is probably for the best, because they were so ugly on each rep set!
- 5 sets of 2x (1 Snatch + 2 Overhead Squats + 1 Back Rack Right Leg Lunge + 1 Back Rack Left Leg Lunge): 55-55-60-60-60. Omg. These were tough, but so awesome. I really like barbell complexes like this. I definitely limited myself a bit by starting at 55lbs. I’ll start heavier initially next time, because I think I could have done 2×60 and 3×65 if I had planned better. I’m getting more confident in the overhead position again, finally.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 7+12, Rx.
AMRAP for 10 Minutes of:
- 5 Pull-Ups: Rx.
- 10 Push-Ups: Rx.
- 15 Air Squats: Rx.
Limiting factor was absolutely push-ups. I burned out on them very quickly, and the last half were kind of wormy at times. But once I fatigued, I broke them into 5+3+2, and that helped a lot. But the pull-ups!!! The pull-ups!!!!!!!! I did so many sets of 5 unbroken!!!!!!! This is such a big deal. I think I only broke up 3 out of the 8 sets I did. I had so much trouble driving my car after this haha. So dead already.
Holy majoly. The last month and a half really threw me for a loop. Finals, end of semester, holidays, oof. Zero time and/or motivation, and excessive traveling. Bad combination. I was really down on myself about it, until I went back last night and was talking to a friend about it and she said “look, in the long run, what is one missed month? You’re here now. That’s what matters.” And that’s true. It’s so easy to get down on yourself for missing workouts, when in reality, it doesn’t really matter too much as long as you get back on track. Last WOD of 2013!!
- Back Squat 1-1-1-1: 125-125-125-125(-125 Bonus). This is SO LIGHT for singles for me. But they felt heavy as hell, and it has been three weeks since I squatted. I needed to take it easy, and I’m glad I did because I am in a world of hurt today from it. Only up from here.
WOD for Weight: 55lbs x4
4 Rounds of:
- 7 Power Cleans
- 7 Front Squats
- 7 Jerks
- 7 Back Squats
- 7 Back Rack Lunges
* This is a complex – do not put the bar down or rest on the ground during the round.
** Work up to the heaviest weight possible, rest as necessary between rounds.
I started at 55lbs, and wanted to do 55lbs x2, 65lbs x2. I felt like that was a realistic goal. Ha. On the last two rounds I was at failure on the lunges (got stuck in the bottom a few times but somehow made it out) and I had to drop the bar between the front squats and the jerks because my elbow was killing me. This was a pretty terrible workout. If it had been 5s or 3s, it would have been nothing. But 7 reps is a lot, and I have definitely lost a lot of muscle endurance over the last month. I really need to work on doing more high-reps of movements. Bahhh. Least favorite. I had a few girls there yelling at me through the last round, which really helped. I was actually ready to quit and take the DNF, but they got me through it. So great.
E2MOT2M for 10 Minutes of:
- 3 Overhead Squats: 55lbs.
- 3 Ring Dips: assisted. We had the option to do either ring dips or pull-ups (if we couldn’t do muscle ups) and I feel like we haven’t done a lot of ring dips lately. Felt really tight in the chest on these, but overall felt strong.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 3+4
AMRAP 10 Minutes of:
- 10 Clean and Jerks: 55lbs, Level II.
- 10 Lunges: 55lbs, Level II.
- 10 Back Squats: 55lbs, Level II.
- 4 Burpee penalty every time the bar touches the ground (aside from c&j touch-and-go): 8 burpees total.
It was amazing how much I wanted to throw the bar on the ground and rest through this. I was not expecting that in just 10 minutes. This was fairly heavy for me, and I’m super proud I stuck with this weight the whole way through. The lunges were by far the limiting factor. I did back rack lunges, which we haven’t done in a really long time. My butt is so sore.