This week! This week is crazy! No time to update. This is going to be short and sweet. CrossFit on Wednesday (yesterday) and a little bit of supplementary strength work at my university’s gym today, sort of laundry list-like. Trying gain some extra strength just in time for the Open!
- Snatch 3-3-3-3-3: 60-60-60-60-60. Worked on powerful legs and fast turn-over at the top. Felt much better this week, and I think I even did two extra sets of 60lbs, but I’m not sure.
WOD for Time: 5:18
- 30 Clean and Jerks: 75lbs.
Rx for “Grace” is 95lbs for women. The fact that to make this Rx for me I’d only have to put a 10lb plate on each side? Awesome. I dropped almost every rep from the top, which I think I have decided was a stupid decision. I didn’t want to overly strain myself, but at the same time, I wasted a LOT of time. But I really felt awesome, because I didn’t miss any reps, and didn’t even have any wonky reps. They were all clean and solid. They wanted us to stay around 5 minutes, and I had planned to be closer to 4:30, but I was already off of that pace by the first 10. That was pretty heavy weight for me for that kind of volume, so I’m pleased overall. Oh gosh, I just realized that I did this forever ago at 60lbs and it took me 4 minutes. I’ll take this as a success and improvement.
- Alllllll of the foam rolling and stretching to warm up.
- Back squats 5-5-5 (@80% of 1RM): 115-115-115. This was the strength programmed for today at PCF. This was more like 75% of my 1RM, but my traps are so sore from all of yesterday’s overhead work that resting the heavy bar on them was downright painful!
- Single-arm dumbbell snatch 5-5-5-5: 25-25-30-30. Too easy. Should have done more weight.
- GHDs: 50. Didn’t want to wreck myself the first time doing these in a while.
- Deadlifts 3-3-3-3: 135-135-135. I have such a hard time deadlifting with the fat powerlifting bars. My grip goes so quickly.
- And…that’s it? Wow. It felt like I did a lot more. Oh well. At least I got some good stretching, squats, and GHDs in.