TGIF! I’m looking forward to a log weekend of homework, studying, knitting, and some light climbing/conditioning. I’m taking this Sunday off from gymnastics because of a sore left hamstring/groin, and because my partner is crime for those classes will be in NY. Also, I am proud of myself for actually showing up today, in spite of the crappy rainy weather. Knowing you’re heading into a workout that has running in it while it’s POURING outside definitely tests your motivation. Thankfully, the rain let up just in time for our run, and my freshly-dyed hair didn’t end up staining my clothes bright red, ha!
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 1 Front Squat: 95lbs. Holy heavy! I was thinking I could do 105. I think with a little more warming up I could have done it, but we were a little rushed so not today!
- 3 Strict Ring Dips: assisted. Meh. Don’t feel like these are getting any better lately.
WOD for Time: 10:25
- Run 600m: Rx. This felt easier than usual. What’s going on.
- 30 Kettlebell Swings: 35lbs American swing, Rx. All unbroken, I might add.
- 20 Bastards: Rx, lateral over-the-bar burpees. Eh. Slow but steady pace.
- 10 P. Curtis (Power Clean->right leg lunge->left leg lunge->shoulder to overhead = 1 rep): 55lbs, Level I. Wompwomp. The worst.
I am awful at lunges just in general, and after all of the leg stuff I knew I wasn’t going to be good for the 75lb level II weight. I barely got through the lunges at this weight!