- Clean and Jerk 3-2-2-1-1-1: 80-85-85-90-95-100(PR!!!!!). YES! YESSSSSSS! Yes. Yes. 100lb c&j. I can’t even begin to explain how excited that makes me!!!!!! The set of 3 at 80 and the first set of 2 at 85 both felt super sketchy, but then I fell into my rhythm. This morning, an amazing olympic lifter named Kendrick Farris (kendrickjfarris on IG, go follow now plz) posted an image on instagram with elbow cues for both the clean and jerk: “up and in,” and “down and out,” respectively. And for some reason, that just clicked with me. I remembered on the second set of 85, and from then on, each rep felt SO GOOD. I got nervous going into the 100lb jerk and almost lost it, but was able to reel it back in and complete the lift. GAH I can’t even explain how awesome this it, and now I don’t have a mental block for triple digit c&j’s anymore!!! Yayayayayay!
WOD for Time: 12:55
4 Rounds of:
- Run 400m: Rx.
- 20 Russian KB Swings: 53lbs, Level II.
There was nothing fun about this. Simple, yet effective. I really thought I was going to crush this, but..well yeah. My legs were much more unstable than I thought they’d be going into the runs after the KB swings. They were like jello! I’m pretty sure on the 3rd and 4th rounds I could have been speedwalking faster than I was “running.” I also ate too much for breakfast today, and really felt sluggish from the get-go. Oh well, I stayed within the time that we were supposed to be in for this (10-13ish minutes, says Erika) and finished I think third in the class, maybe second. I think I am too hard on myself most days. Anyway, YAY! PR!
Stay turned this week for a post on the greatest, most amazing, incredible, best new thing in the history of ever that has actually successfully made me sleep/feel like a morning person for the first time in my entire life, and how I know it’s really working (spoiler alert, I ran out of it after a month, and can no longer sleep/wake up at all/how did I live this way for so long?!?!).
Our internet has been out for over a week, so I haven’t been able to update. I just posted the two I missed, and here is today’s! We went climbing for a few hours yesterday with some friends, so my forearms and legs are still feeling that a little.
- Front Squat 3-3-3-3: 100-100-100-100. This was the perfect weight this week. On the last two sets I really had to fight for the last rep. I was tempted to try 105, but I was already struggling so hard I figured I’d probably fail. Also, since last week was the first time ever doing a set of 3 at 100, I wanted to get 4 strong sets in before going heavier.
WOD for Time: 11:11 total (Annie: 7:30)
- Double Unders: Rx, ALL UNBROKEN!!!!
- Sit ups: Rx. 50&40 rounds were slow, but all were also unbroken.
Then right into:
- 50 Wallballs: 14lbs to 9ft, Rx-. Rx was to 10ft, but there was no way that was happening for all 50. I split these into 20-15-10-5, which was better than my original plan to go 15-15-10-5-5. They felt steady and consistent.
Last time we did Annie, I did it in 8:30. Today, I beat that by an entire MINUTE. As I said, all of my double unders were unbroken, which is really freaking awesome, and the wallballs actually weren’t too horrible. I no-rep’d myself on three, because they didn’t quite make the 9ft mark. I liked this. Annie is a good benchmark WOD, but I’m glad we had the extra wallballs at the end. I’m so bad at them/hate them dearly, so it’s good to be able to work on a weakness a little. I’m also proud of myself for sticking it out with the 14lb ball.
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 3 Deadlifts: 135lbs. The weight I was previously doing for sets of 2, and these felt good the whole way through!
- 3 Toes-to-Bar: unbroken. Focused on kipping them together and not dropping from the bar.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 5+1
12 Minute AMRAP of:
- 20 Wallballs: 14lbs to 9ft, Level II
- 15 Double Unders: unbroken, Level II
- 5 Ring Dips: assisted, Level I
Wallballs were definitely the limiting factor for this. I felt so slow on them! But some people were only getting 3 rounds total, so I guess I wasn’t that slow afterall.
Time to play catch-up since our internet has been out for over a week!
Clean and Jerk Complex 1RM-1 squat clean, 1 hang squat clean, 2 jerks. Hands must not come off the bar for a successful complex: 65-75-80-85-90(failed on hang squat clean, and ran out of time)
WOD for Time:
15:59 21-15-9 of:
- Thrusters: 55lbs, Level II
- Box Jumps: 20″, Level II
- Push Ups: knees, Level I
- Front Rack Lunges: 55lbs, Level II
Two words: SOUL CRUSHER.