Oof. Oooooooooof. It would only make sense that after writing that super long post about how amazing Progenex Cocoon is, and how much it sucks that I ran out, I would have the WORRRRRRST night of sleep ever last night. Literally tossed and turned in bed until 5:45. My brain was going nonstop, I couldn’t get comfortable, and I just wasn’t tired. At about 5:45 I started to drift in and out of sleep, but whenever I’d wake up to roll over, I felt like I was wide awake again. Finally got some sleep at about 7:30, an hour after Tyler left for work, and slept until 10:50. I was awake before my alarm, feeling miserable, but dragged myself to CrossFit. #justshowup, right? Ugh.
Every 2 Minutes On The 2 Minutes of:
- 6 Backsquats: 85lbs. About 55% of my 1RM. Did bad math, should have gone more in the 95-100lb range to hit 60-65% of my 1RM. Hey, I said I was tired.
- Max Set Unbroken Strict Pull-Ups: 5-5-5-5-5, assisted. Felt really good. Glad I could get 5 in each round.
WOD for Time: 11:30
- Row 1000m: Rx, 4:13.7. My PR is 4:11.x, so today I was hoping for 4:10, but I just didn’t have it in me.
Then with no rest:
4 Rounds of:
- 7 Deadlifts: 95lbs, Level I.
- 14 Push-ups: knees, Level I. Huge volume for my elbow. It is really sore now. My chest and arms were on fire at the end of this, so much so that I thought I was going to throw up. Ugh.
I started out at 125lbs (Level II) for the deadlifts but my hammies were so DEAD from the row that when I bent down to grab the bar the first time both my my legs shook violently and I almost collapsed. And again, my brain was complete mush from lack of sleep, so I just dropped down to the suggested Level I weight without realizing that that was WAY too easy for me. Eh. It was all I could do to get the 45lb plates off my bar at that point.
Today was one of those days. 1 out of every 3 workouts is going to suck, and it’s going to defeat you and you’re going to feel like crap. Today was that day. Monday and Wednesday were great days for me, so I just need to suck it up and be proud of myself for even getting in there. Yeah. Go me. At least I got in there. I also didn’t get upset and emotional and teary-eyed when I had to drop the weight on my deadlift, which is something that usually happens when I have to drop down from what I think I’m capable of. So that’s a win. Yeah. Little wins on this overall crappy WOD day. Go me. Happy Friday!