Who has been following the CrossFit Games?!??!!? It’s my favorite weekend of the year!!! Not only that, but Thursday was my last day of classes for the summer semester! Woo! All finished for a month. So that, plus the Games?! BEST EVER. They’ve rolled out some ridiculous shit this year. I can’t even imagine being able to do the stuff that they are doing right now. Swim, then do bar muscle ups?! Nope. Legless rope climbs? Double nope. So awesome. These athletes are amazing. I also love the programming this year. Today they’ve had one endurance/strength event, and then an explosive sprint event right after it. So damn smart and incredible.
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 1 Deadlift: 155lbs. More than I’ve ever done in any deadlift EMOTM before! Woo!
- 3 Strict Pull-Ups: assisted. The past few weeks I’ve been dropping down to less volume with less assistance, but I don’t think that’s helped me gain the muscle needed to do strict unassisted pullups again. So I used a little more assistance than normal, and made sure that I got 3 in every round.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 6:10
12 Minute AMRAP of:
- 3 Squat Cleans: 65lbs, Level I.
- 6 Ring Dips: Assisted, Level I.
- 9 Box Jumps: 20″, Level II.
Ugh squat cleans are the worst for me! I always catch the weight in the perfect spot, but I’m just so weak standing up from them. Definitely a weakness I need to work on! I’m so far away from being able to unassisted ring dips again. I think I’m going to start trying to use the 24″ box on WODs where we’re supposed to go a little higher. I really struggled with
Woo! CrossFit Games! Yayayay! I swear I’ll start taking gratuitous pictures of myself again sometime soon. I was just always running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get to class or to the lab to work. Zero time!