This week I’ve cut out just about all processed food and refined and added sugars/alcohol, and I feel amazing. I’ve slept better, I’ve had a lot of energy, and as an added bonus my tummy has flattened out quite a bit. I’ve been working extra hard trying to prepare for taking most of next week off while I’m in Florida, and probably eating and drinking more than I’m used to. BFF reunions from college will do that to you. I’m on a collard green and shiitake mushroom kick right now. Wednesday with the tuna cakes, last night with a salmon filet and guac, and tonight with a sweet potato and some mustardy bone-in skin-on chicken thighs. Omg the chicken thighs were heavenly. Very reminiscent of bbq, with nicely charred skin and juicy insides. Oh girl.
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 4 Ring Dips: Scaled with a thin band. Felt way too easy, but it was my first time doing them since my injury and I didn’t want to push them too hard.
- 2 Front Squats (subbed cross-armed front squats): 70lbs. Which I think is a 5lb PR for front squats of any kind, pre- and post-injury. So that’s pretty awesome. I might have been able to go up another 2.5, but my legs were pretty smoked towards the last 3 or 4 rounds. Still a little worried about ditching, but they felt good. I love squats, and so does my butt.
WOD for Time: 7:46
5 Rounds of:
- 15 Russian Kettlebell Swings: 53lbs, Level II.
- 15 Push-ups: knees, Level I.
Man, my shoulders and chest are so not used to push-ups anymore, especially my left one. I’m still having trouble getting to full extension while there is load on my biceps, so my right arm was doing way more work, and it gassed me. They were definitely my limiting factor for this WOD. Lots of little breaks to shake everything out. I was very surprised how easy the 53lb KB swings felt, and I feel like I’m not too far from being able to do them overhead, once my arm will allow it! I love feeling strong. I love BEING strong.
- 50 GHDs. I can’t get enough of them. I’m actually considering buying a GHD set-up for our teeny tiny little condo.