TODAY. TODAAAAYYYYYYY. I happy cried today. I started getting misty on my third round of today’s WOD, but forced myself to hold out my tears until the end. And then in my moment of complete and total bliss, lying collapsed on the ground, gasping for air with my arms over my eyes, I cried. I cried because I’m so incredibly proud of myself. I am so strong in spite of my injury, and I am so close to being back to doing normal WODs again!!! Also, I made this super yummy dinner…but now I’m hungry again.
- Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5: 115-115-115-115-115. Up 10lbs from last week’s deadlifts! These felt easy, and put literally zero strain on my arm. I didn’t want to push it though, because I was preparing to go wild in the metcon.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 10+12
15 Minute AMRAP of:
- 3 Shoulder to Overhead: 45lbs. First time doing anything overhead since the injury!!! They were difficult, but felt awesome. I had to take my time approaching them though, because I didn’t want to jump up from the burpees and rack the bar too quickly and hurt myself.
- 3 Assisted Pull-ups: First time doing pull-ups! Used the purple band, and did chest-to-bars for the first 4 rounds, then dropped to regular for the rest as I fatigued. Shit yes.
- 9 Burpees: Rx. These felt GREAT today. So much better than Monday’s burpees. My knees are killing me, but I don’t even care. I felt strong and fast and aggressive and never stopped.
I’d just like to point out that I did 96 burpees today. That’s a lot of freaking burpees.
- 50 GHD Sit-Ups. I love GHDs. LOVE. Except now my hammies are dying.