Thursday night was probably the first really good night of sleep I’ve had in months. I woke up only feeling slightly drowsy, but ready to start the day, unlike most days when it feels like the world will end if I leave my bed. I ended up getting a ton of things done after class, and started feeling the effects of a long crazy day while still being slightly sick. I started to get the “I don’t want to work out today” blues, and all of a sudden a message from a close friend’s girlfriend appeared in my inbox, with her saying that she wished she had the motivation to workout like I do. And holy crap, all of my motivation came rushing back, and all of a sudden I was throwing on my workout clothes to head to crossfit. And boy am I glad that I did.
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 2 Deadlifts ~70% of 1RM: 125lbs. That is more than my bodyweight. I did 20 reps of bodyweight+ deadlifts. And they felt amazing. I probably could have done 135, but it’s been a while since I deadlifted and I didn’t want to push it too hard, while still being sore. Yes. Still.
- 2 Ring Dips: assisted, with a thin band. I worked on keeping my arms pinned to my sides at the top and bottom, and not letting my toes hit the floor at the bottom. I feel like I always used that as a safety. I’m getting really close to being able to do these unassisted, but by the 8th round I was super shaky.
WOD for Rounds+Reps: 9+7? 10+7? I lost count :(
10 Minute AMRAP of:
- 1 Handstand Negative: Level I. One day I’ll have HSPUs. I swear.
- 6 Assisted Alternating Pistols: Level I. Once day I’ll have pistols. I swear. OH WAIT. WHO DID 3 PISTOLS UNASSISTED DURING THIS?!?! THIS GIRL.
- 6 Russian Kettlebell Swings: 53lbs. Level II. Didn’t want to open my tears back up with the rest of the reps in Rx.
Yeah, you read that right. I did three whole unassisted pistols during this. And I freaking FOUGHT for them. The rest of the time I really tried to just barely assist myself in the pistols, and holy crap, my ass muscles are feeeeeeeeling those today. I am definitely looking forward to getting more unassisted, and hopefully charging through a whole WOD with them unassisted at some point soon.