I am officially the worst. I have become so lazy with posting, because life has gotten in the way. But I’m still keeping up going to Crossfit, I just have a hard time motivating myself to write about it. That’s better than the other way around, I guess!
This was early Friday morning, last week. I was exhausted, and hadn’t slept well the previous couple nights. It was just..excruciating. But we do rope climbs in the warmups on Fridays, so that’s always a day brightener.
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 1 Snatch Balance: 45lbs. I thought there were 2 per round, so I started at 55 but that was too much on my wrists, doing two reps. I realized it only called for 1 rep after I had already switched everything out and couldn’t be bothered to change them back. Easily could have done 55lbs at 1/round.
- 2 Strict Pull-ups: thin band, ~20lbs assistance. Switched to one assisted strict and one unassisted kipping on round 6. Bah. So tired.
WOD for Time: 12:32
3 Rounds of:
- 10 Clean and Jerk: 55lbs. Wish I had been able to do this at 4:30pm. I easily would have been able to go at least 10lbs heavier, but not early in the morning.
- 15 Bastards: Rx. Bastards and burpees are usually one of my favorite parts of WODs with them. I can fly through them fairly unscathed, but not that day. I was slow and angry and tired and just..not feeling them. Definitely killed my time.
- Run 200m: Rx. Felt good. Still can’t believe I don’t hate running anymore.
- Rest 1 Minute: Rx
Yesterday was muccchhh better. I felt invigorated, was in a huge class (which I usually hate, but found it enjoyable actually), performed well, kept a good pace, and all-around killed it.
- Squat 5-5-5-5: 95-95-95-100. Damnit, should have gone for 100 in at least one more set, but we also ran out of time. This was awesome though, and I didn’t feel nearly as beat down as I did by them last week. Progress! And new 5-rep max PR!
WOD for Time: 8:24
- 50 10ft Wallballs: 8lbs, Level II. Only two breaks! All hit 10ft mark! So proud! More progress!
- Run 800m: Rx. Run felt great, minus the first few steps where my legs were jello from the wallballs. I got confused as to how many laps I’d done, so I figured it would be better to potentially do an extra one than short myself. Turns out I did the right amount, thankfully!
- 30 Games’ Standard Box Jumps: 16″, Level II. First time cycling box jumps, thanks to the linked video!!! They were so fast!!! So proud of this! I can’t believe how much they speeded up my time, and how much LESS energy they took versus pausing at the bottom to reset and jump up.
Annnnd today was dance class! I was about five minutes late because it was raining and everyone in NOVA forgets how to drive as soon as there is weather, but it was a damn good class. I nailed two really difficult moves, worked on a few spinning dismounts, learned a new fancy climb, and I have alll the bruises to show for it. We worked on spinning pole for a while, and I surprised myself with a few moves that I didn’t think I was strong enough to do! Then I went home, busted out a few moves on my own pole, and took a few videos. So happy! Here’s a quick tiny .gif of Jasmine to Superman! Ugly, but still so excited. Can’t wait for Crossfit tomorrow morning!