Well, I woke up on Saturday morning feeling like complete crap. I felt like I was hit by a bus, and couldn’t stop coughing. Friday night I was planning on going to Crossfit Saturday morning to do Fight Gone Bad, which is one of the WODs that I love to hate. That’s how good I was feeling Friday night! Needless to say, I didn’t end up going. Yesterday morning it moved into my chest, so I went to CVS’ Minute Clinic to get checked out. Turns out I have both bronchitis and strep throat! Lucky me. So I guess I won’t be going to Crossfit for a few days, making sure I’m up to par, health-wise, before I put myself under stress again. That totally sucks, because there have been awesome WODs popping up for PCF this week. Bah! I picked up some feel-good foods while waiting for my ‘scrips to be filled, and I’m not even worried about it. I needed some comfort food, and they were delicious. Well, here’s Friday’s WOD, because I was too tired afterwards to post this!
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 2 Deadlifts: 135lbs. Probably could have gone up by 5lbs, but man they got heavy around the 8th round.
- 2 Handstand Negatives: stuck with 2 for all 10 rounds. Felt way stronger than the previous weeks.
WOD for Time: 11:53
3 Rounds of:
- Run 400m: Rx. Actually was able to use this as an active rest time. Such a great breakthrough.
- 21 Russian KB Swings: 53lbs. Level II. I love using the heavier KB. So much butt and leg action.
- 10 Ring Dips: one thin yellow band for assistance! Level II reps, Level I scaling. Damn you, ring dips. I’m getting better though!
I’m so happy that for the first time ever I was able to have the running be used for its purpose: active rest. My arms and butt were so toasted from the KB and dips, so when the running came it was such a relief. I’ve never felt like that from running before!! This shit really works. The KB swings were great, and the ring dips were..ring dips. 10 is a lot of ring dips in a row.
Ugh I can’t wait to not be sick and to get the eff back into PCF. Of course, this would happen as soon as I restarted my monthly membership. Oh well, in the mean time I’ll keep doing push-ups, pull-ups, and drinking lots of water at home.