I’m feeling a little worn out today. After the CFT Saturday, white water rafting all day Sunday, and dance class Monday, I’m feeling a little more gassed than usual. I was able to use my wrist wraps for the first time doing snatches and they helped a great deal. I’m going to try to write a post about my favorite Crossfit accessories pretty soon. I’m excited about that one!
EMOTM for 10 Minutes of:
- 1 Snatch: 45lbs. These were all over the place. My elbow was sore so I dropped down a little more than I wanted to, in order to get good speed under the bar and catch it in a full squat without too much soreness.
- 1 Hang Power Snatch: 45lbs. The suggested move was a hang squat snatch, but since I couldn’t get the regular squat snatches consistent I decided to just hang power snatch. These felt awesome, actually.
- 1 Strict Pull-up: thin band for assistance. I started out doing one strict pull-up and two ring dips, each with one thin band for assistance, but since my elbow was feeling rough, I stuck just to the pull-ups after round 5.
WOD for Reps: 85
3 Rounds of:
- 1 Minute Ground-to-Overhead: 45lbs, Level II. Started out power snatching, quickly moved to clean and jerks.
- 1 Minute Rest: Rx.
- 1 Minute Row for Calories: Rx. Set to 8 on the resistance level for rounds 1&2, 90% for round 3.
- 1 Minute Rest: Rx, this joke will never get old, sorry guys!
For the GTO, my breakdown went 14-11-11. The 14 in the first round came from starting with power snatches, which are much more time-efficient than power cleans & jerks. Then nice and constant through the last two rounds. For rowing I went 17-16-16. I’m not sure how I managed 17 cals in the first round, but that was pretty awesome. That totaled 85. Pretty happy with that. I was exhausted and sore directly following this workout, and came home and collapsed on the couch for a few minutes before getting some lunch in me. This was a sneaky day!
Since I’m pretty swamped with schoolwork this week, and damn tired, I might take tomorrow off. It all depends on how much work I can get done tomorrow morning before class!